Writers + Photographers
We want to work with people who celebrate of women of color, so please send over pitches, ideas, and submissions for our first volume through May 31, 2017. We look forward to hearing from you!
Overview & Purpose:
The position requires someone who is passionate about culture, creative, and social change. They must be fast on their feet, enthusiastic, and excited to help with an emerging print and podcast platform. Duties will range from coordinating photoshoots, helping on-set, creating content for social media, and being an integral part of the launch event.
• Provides day-to-day support to the Editor-In-Chief.
• Helps with all photo and video shoots—from creative production to on-set admin work.
• Does transcriptions for all freelance writers at TONAL as needed
• In the know for culture events, including but not limited to fashion, food, art, tech, and music—especially those related to women of color.
• Loves creative (can be design or editorial) and wants to learn about editorial and content development.
• Helps with panels, events, social media, and production as needed.
• Aiding in planning and execution of the TONAL Fall '17 print issue + the TONAL podcast.
• Helps develop email list.
• Drop offs and pickups of assets when needed.
• Must be passionate about culture and specifically, the culture behind women of color.
• Must be detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Proficiency in creating and editing documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Eager, motivated and organized
• Must live in Los Angeles
• Must have a laptop
• In-depth knowledge of Squarespace, Photoshop, or Illustrator is a huge plus!
*This is an unpaid internship. Will require 2 days of work per week.